All questions regarding these or any other funding opportunities should be directed to Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359 or email@example.com.
Internal Funding Opportunities
Gabrielle’s Angels Foundation Grant
Dr. Birrer has been asked to nominate two junior faculty members for awards, one conducting conventional research, and one conducting complementary or integrative research.
Each award is for $225,000 ($75,000.00 per year over three years).
Send a two-page letter of intent and the PI’s Biosketch (or CV) as a single pdf to Susan Ruppert by May 17.
UAHSF General Endowment Fund (GEF) Grant
The HSF-GEF grants are intended to enhance the infrastructure of Academic Health Center’s Patient-Oriented and Laboratory Research efforts, Clinical Care Program Development, and Medical Education Initiatives and for university-wide projects by providing funding from the Health Services Foundation’s General Endowment Fund.
Deadline is June 30, 2018.
Upload application here.
CCC Faculty Development Grant
The purpose of this grant is to provide “seed” money for the initiation of a promising new project to obtain preliminary results that facilitate successful competition for a national research grant.
Each award is for $50,000, for one year; up to 4 projects will be funded.
Deadline is June 8, 2018.
Please submit a three-page description of your project and your biosketch (PI biosketch only).
Questions about preparation and submission of applications, please contact:
Extramural Funding Opportunities
Mark Foundation for Cancer Research Emerging Leader Awards
The Emerging Leader Awards provide grant support to early career investigators conducting high-impact, high-risk cancer research. This award is intended to support projects for which other sources of funding are not readily available or for a separate innovative endeavor that will enhance the Principal Investigator’s current research portfolio.
- Letters of Intent are due June 4, 2018 and must be submitted through The Mark Foundation’s online portal.
- $250,000 per year for three years totaling $750,000
2019 Pew-Stewart Scholars for Cancer Research Program Award
The Pew-Stewart Foundation seeks to fund innovative, cutting-edge, basic cancer research that may accelerate and advance progress toward a cure for cancer. Clinical trial research will not be supported. You may not apply directly to the Pew-Stewart Foundation, you must be nominated by the cancer center director, Dr. Michael Birrer.
- This award is for $300,000 and will be awarded in installments of $75,000 per year over four years.
- Please submit a two-page letter of intent and Biosketch as a single Word or pdf file to Susan Ruppert by May 15, 2018.
Ovarian Cancer Research Fund Alliance request for LOIs.
Letters of Intent are due May 14, 2018 and must be submitted via ProposalCENTRAL. The attached application instructions are also available on the OCRFA website.
- Collaborative Research Development Grants ($900,000) provide funds for ovarian cancer research projects that involve several investigators within one institution or collaborations between groups in multiple institutions.
- Liz Tilberis Early Career Awards ($450,000) are for investigators in their first academic faculty appointment. This award is open to physician-scientists and Ph.D. scientists.
- Ann and Sol Schreiber Mentored Investigator Award ($75,000) funds post-doctoral trainees working in ovarian cancer research groups or those currently enrolled in a fellowship program.
NCI Traceback Testing: Increasing Identification and Genetic Counseling of Mutation Carriers through Family-based Outreach (U01 Clinical Trial Optional)
The purpose of the Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) is to support pilot research projects using a “Traceback” approach to genetic testing women with a personal or family history of ovarian cancer and reaching out to family members to identify unaffected individuals at increased risk for cancer in different clinical contexts and communities, including racially/ethnically diverse populations.
- Standard application dates apply
- Open Date (Earliest Submission Date)- May 5, 2018
Letter of intent due 30 days prior to application due date