Unless otherwise noted, all questions regarding these or any other funding opportunities should be directed to Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359 or email@example.com.
ACS-IRG Junior Faculty Development Grant
DEADLINE: November 10, 2017
- Applicant should have a current junior faculty (Assistant Professor or Instructor) appointment at UAB for no more than 6 years. An individual may apply for a one-year competitive renewal of a previously funded pilot grant provided all eligibility criteria are met. A progress report is required as part of the application for continuing funding.
- US citizenship not required but applicant should have a valid US visa for the duration of the pilot grant.
- The applicant should not have received significant extramural funding such as an RO1, DOD or Komen grants. Training grants are allowed.
- The purpose of this grant is to provide “seed” money for the initiation of a promising new cancer-related (in the broadest sense) project to obtain preliminary results that facilitate successful competition for a national research grant.
- Three awards in any area of cancer research
- One award in an Area of Special Interest to the ACS. This year the Areas of Special Interest are psychosocial or behavioral research, health policy or health services research, cancer in the poor and medically underserved, and childhood cancer. Only cancer-related projects will be considered.
- All awards are for $40,000 for one year.
For questions about preparation and submission of applications, contact Susan Ruppert, (205) 975-0359, firstname.lastname@example.org.